Saturday, March 26, 2011

STUFFED

Day 2 started out with cinnamon buns from a tube.  We needed a good breakfast because we had a lot to accomplish today.  We were building a gardening bed for the backyard.  There's already one bed, so the method was already established, making things a little easier.  
While we were out shopping for lumber and seeds, we stopped at Christmas Tree Shoppes and Michael's to buy the makings of a very special project that will make an appearance in the summer.  All you need to know right now is that it's awesome, and you'll love it.
BA and I also picked up some yarn and knitting needles for me because she is going to teach me how to knit.  Since I'm quitting smoking on Wednesday, BA figured it would be good to find something to keep my hands and my mind busy.  The yarn is really pretty, we just have to hope I don't screw it up.
Last but not least, when we got here we found out (well Danny and I did, BA already knew) that it was Newport Restaurant Week.  We were very excited to try one of the crazy expensive restaurants that we would otherwise never go to that happened to be participating.  Unfortunately (but not surprisingly), all those restaurants were "fully committed" for tonight.  We ended up going to a place called the Speakeasy Bar and Grill.  We had Portuguese Mac and Cheese (with chorizo!), Lobster Fritters, and pizza with lobster and truffle cream for appetizers.  The mac and cheese and fritters were amazing but the pizza was a little too truffle-y.  Then there was Filet Mignon with Stilton Butter, Pork Chops with Mushroom Demi-Glace, and Shrimp and Scallop Scampi for entrees.  Again, 2 out of 3 were fantastic (the scampi was not).
I'm stuffed and exhausted, but we've had a great time and actually accomplished quite a bit this weekend.  I also learned that if you need something fixed, just give Danny some electrical tape and he'll take care of it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment