Tuesday, March 29, 2011

THE END

Tonight is my last night of smoking.  

My original plan was to just stop.  No patch, no gum.  Then I thought that seeing as the patch was available and would make it easier, why not?  So I googled all sorts of info about the patch.  There was a little blurb about how if you're taking medication for depression to call your doctor.  I'm not taking medication for depression, but I am taking medication for anxiety, which also happens to be used as an anti-depressant for some people.  So I went to CVS and it turns out that I can't use the patch without my doctor adjusting my meds or something.  So back to the original plan!  Of course I'm still worried that I'll blow it, but I'm kind of looking forward to the challenge of it.  And the extra money ($200 a month) I'll have as a result of not buying cigarettes.  

My dad smoked Lucky Strike non-filters like a chimney for close to 40 years.  One day he just stopped, cold turkey.  I pray to god that I inherited his willpower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment