Wednesday, March 2, 2011

CRAZY TRAIN

 I'm no media or pop culture expert (but she is!), but I have to talk about the crazy that is Charlie Sheen.
At first, I was disgusted that someone who is so obviously in the throes of some kind of mental breakdown was being exploited so gratuitously.  But then I thought, fuck it.  He's not being exploited, he's exploiting himself.  He is most certainly not a victim.  This is some crazy, hilarious (and yes, sometimes a little scary and disturbing) shit.  Is he serious?  Or is this some kind of joke he's playing on all of us with himself as the punchline? All I know is that the man is everywhere, and it seems that that's his choice.
Then this morning something happened that made me disgusted all over again.  I saw video of his children being taken away in the middle of the night.  His 23-month old sons, taken away in their little footie pajamas.  I'm not saying whether they should or shouldn't have been taken away from him; I just know that it's a horrible situation and that it's definitely not something that should have been immortalized by the paparazzi.  I forgot that this guy is not just some crazy d-bag who's impossible to look away from.  He's the father of 5 kids, 4 of whom are essentially babies.  I think we should all look away now.


On a lighter note, you might have noticed the blog looks a little different today.
Knowing absolutely nothing about html code or website building myself, sister sassy flew in to the rescue and jazzed this here blog up.

3 comments:

  1. Amen. Let us avert our eyes from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but focus on this:
    http://www.livethesheendream.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that this morning, and it is pretty awesome. The guilt!!

    ReplyDelete