Monday, March 21, 2011

NEIGHBOR

There's a new guy downstairs who is apparently a lawyer.  He's quiet and friendly, but he has a few strange habits.  The only reason I know of these habits is because despite the fact that we live in a pre-war building, the walls are pretty thin.  You can hear pretty much everything. 
In his short time here I have learned that he loves to sing (badly) in his bedroom around 11 o'clock at night.  He also has a keyboard that he sometimes plays when he sings.  We're talking an old school Casio kind of keyboard, at least that's what it sounds like.  

The other thing that he loves?  JESUS.
  
When he moved in my super came to me immediately to tell me he thought that he was scary because he had some kind of makeshift pulpit set up with the Bible displayed proudly.  And then when the singing started, I realized they were hymns.  
Like I said, he's a nice guy.  And I don't know what it says about me (and my super) that we are both so freaked out by the ultra-religious dude downstairs.  It's not like he's a serial killer or anything.  Maybe if I lived in the south this wouldn't be so weird to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment