Saturday, March 19, 2011

LAZY SATURDAY

I'd like to think that I spent today resting up for giant-moon watching.  But in reality, I just sat around doing nothing, unless you count watching Miami Vice season 1 as doing something.  Crockett and Tubbs really are just as awesome now as they were 25 years ago.  I was worried it might not hold up, but boy did it ever.  Michael Mann was good.  Now I just have to wait for Netflix to send me the next disc and no one will see me for a few days again.
The weekend wasn't a total nothing-fest.  Last night I watched the Devils play miserably and eventually lose to the Capitals.  It was good to see Ovechkin* skate and the Devils did wear their old red and green (affectionately known as "Christmas uni's) uniforms, which I loved.  And tomorrow is a Larkin Fest.  My Aunt Kathy has a St. Patrick's Day party every year on the day of the Rockland county parade, which is the second biggest after the NYC parade.  When she invited me this year, she told me it was a tradition.  I'm 34 years old and this is the first I'm hearing of it.  Such is the plight of being part of the NJ branch of the family.

* for those who don't know (or care), Ovechkin is a ridiculously good hockey player.  Ridiculously good.  He's the closest thing to Gretzky the game has these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment