Thursday, March 8, 2012

SICK DAY

I stayed home from work today.  I wish I could say it was because I wanted to play hooky on such a gorgeous day; go hit some golf balls or visit BA in Brooklyn.  Unfortunately, it was because of a stomach bug.

When I'm sick, I usually take one of two roads to wellness.  There's the Couch Nest© method, which is usually reserved for colds and sinus infection kinds of sick.  Then there's the Pretend method, where I try to do normal things and force myself to get better.  I opted for that today.  So I took the dog for a nice long walk, went to the gym, and went grocery shopping.  

Now grocery shopping is kind of a menial task, but I LOVE IT.  This is because I love coupons.  I feel like I'm getting one over on the supermarket when they have to take all that money off at the end.  I'm not one of those crazy extreme couponers, but I build my list around what coupons I have and what's on sale.  I get such a crazy rush from it.  Which is really sad.  But today I got $100 worth of groceries down to $85.  That alone made me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment