Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Coop

Today was the day that my parents finally got to get out of the extended-stay hotel they had been at for the past 5 weeks, and move into their new house.  Thank god.  I had been avoiding visiting my parents because I couldn't stand the thought of going to Candlewood Suites instead of the house.  It was so depressing.  

But this new place is fantastic.  It's all old timey and farmhouse-y.  The vaulted ceiling in the kitchen/sitting room is oak.  As BA mentioned yesterday, the maple trees are tapped, there's a chicken coop (that will be housing Rhode Island Reds in the spring!), and it's surrounded by farmland.  And the parents are finally settled, which makes me (and them too, I suppose) feel so much better about them selling the old homestead.

All in all, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment