Friday, October 1, 2010

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!



Sick pug transitioned into sick human this week.  My crappy doctor (soon to be ex-doctor) tells me I have a viral infection, whatever that means.  Basically I have to take DayQuil and NyQuil and steam my sinuses and pray that I feel better.  Snuggling with the pug has been my treatment of choice.  Well, that and the couchnest (copyright Older Sister).  I also gave the pug a bath because she STUNK.  

But what I've really been doing all day is eating Mallomars.  Lots of them.  

I bought the box yesterday and they're almost gone.  Gluttony!!  I love them so much that while I was lying in bed last night trying to sleep, I started to think what an awesome thing the "Mallomartini" would be.  Has anyone ever made one?  What would I need to make it taste like the world's most delicious cookie?  What kind of booze would work for the marshmallow flavor?  I even decided that I would dust the rim of the glass with graham cracker crumbs.  Presentation, people!!

Sort of related Mallomar story:
 As you know (or maybe not, if you're not a junkie like me) they are only available for a limited time each year and some grocery stores only let you buy them in limited quantities.  Well my friend was telling me that her mother loves them.  Loves them so much that she goes to her local grocery store, buys the allowed amount, brings them to her car, and then returns to the store and buys the allowed amount again from a different cashier.  She sometimes takes as many as 3 trips in at a time.  She then freezes her take so she has Mallomars all year long.  This woman is a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment