Saturday, October 9, 2010

GAME ONE

So last night was the NJ Devils season opener at The Rock in Newark, NJ.  Because my bosses have season tickets and have been known to be awesome, I got to go!


I only live a few miles from Newark and we got a parking pass along with our free (!) tickets so we opted to drive.  This turned out to be a bad idea due to the Holland Tunnel traffic that had clogged up Route 280, but we still got there with plenty of hockey left to be played.
The seats were great and the game was close the whole time.  The third period ended in a 3-3 tie, so we went to 4-on-4 overtime hockey.  Unfortunately, the Devils defense was not up to the task and they gave up a game-winning goal to the Stars pretty quickly.  Not the ending I (or the Devils, I imagine) was looking for, but we still had a great time.

Also, if you haven't been to The Prudential Center in Newark, you really must get there.  It's a beautiful arena and there's also lots of great places to eat before or after the game in Newark.  I know it gets a bad rep, but there have been a lot of changes in downtown Newark over the years and you should definitely check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment