Tuesday, September 21, 2010

RAGE

During a quiet moment this morning I decided to check my bank balance.  I knew there wasn't much (seeing as Friday is payday and my balance is usually pretty pathetic by this point.)  What I didn't expect to see was that my account was overdrawn.  Overdrawn because of a charge to Directv.  

I DON'T HAVE DIRECTV.

After a momentary freak-out, I called my bank and explained this to them.  I did not authorize any payments to Directv, I told them.  How does this happen?  Apparently someone got hold of my debit card numbers and the super secret 3-digit code on the back and decided, "Well shit.  My cable bill is due!"

I'm one of those dorks who always checks ATM machines to see if it looks like it has one of those skimmer things you always hear about on the news.  I haven't made an internet purchase in forever.  So all that leaves is that I handed it to a store clerk at some point, and the son of a bitch copied my card info.  So they could pay their cable bill.  

No comments:

Post a Comment